Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notz View Post
This has to be difficult on a level concerning the children. I suppose you can make this a teachable moment with your girls, especially the one most involved. But to teach what? How adults can muck things up more so than their children? (not intended toward you - you know I think you're a wonderful Mother).

We teach our children to respect the elders. But what does the teacher teach when the elder doesn't deserve respect? And why not?

Not meaning to compound your problem, just thinking about the children.
Yes I agree this is a teachable moment ((Notz)). Usually I don't get involved with parents and I let the school handle issues. Most of the time, when parents get involved, they make it so much worse. Kids can have a big fight and the next day forget about it. But I have an enemy down the street now.

I admit I went there to make a point. The fact she came to my house when the school had already solved it between the girls was very nervy of her. At 1st I fell for it when she 1st came to my house, but now I realize, she was pissed for me tellng the school. So she came to my house, I decided to go to hers, after knowing her daughter told my daughter that I'm a liar. One thing I'm not, is a liar. My kids would never put down another childs parent - that's lesson #1. Obviously they don't teach their kids this.

Rule #2 - you don't tell a child they have 0 credibility.
Rule #3 - you don't hit below the belt and call me histrionic. If I was a highly reacting person I would have packed my bags a long time ago. Everyone who knows me, realizes I have never ending patience and compassion.
Rule #4 - you don't bash my childrens father over a law suit that happened 9 damn years ago, which has nothing to do with this issues. Yes I have issues with my husband but I won't tolerate anyone bashing him in front of my children.
Rule#5 -Don't exclude and alienate as a punishment. I reassured her when she came to my house that we could all go on as normal, but they later retaliated with verbally telling my daughter "I'm not allowed to have you at my party".

They totally ignored what I came there for and instead engaged in mud slinging mudd and hitting below the belt. I maintained my dignity and didn't hit below the belt. They claim they would never call the school if someone touched their daughter in their private parts. They think I over reacted.

When I went to their house last night - I knew their was no hope in making peace and I went there to let them know I didn't appreciate their daughter talking about me. I've never been in a fight like this before. I knew that going to their house would make it worse because it had already reached that toxic point last week.

Thanks for letting me rant and I'm not mad at you Notz and you're right - when parents get involved face to face, it's rarely pretty. It's not often I get pissed but I still fuming over this. I'm expecting a call from the principle and I'm going to let her know it's reached the toxic point and for the next coming yrs to avoid putting them in the same class.

My youngest has many friends and rarely has trouble with social issues. She navigates very well socially so I'm hoping that being in different classes will help a bit. Their older daughter has been in all kinds of drama.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
notz