View Single Post
lynn P.
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 27, 2010 at 07:53 PM

Yes I agree AAAAA. I've many times discussed inappropriate touching with my girls and prepared them to take action if anyone tries. I'm proud my daughter told me and I'm proud of her reaction - she told me she pushed her hand away and loudly said "stop".

As many real life abuse victims can attest to - they experience this moment where they freeze and feel confused...they don't know what to do. Now I'm not saying my daughter was abused, but she was in an uncomfortable situation, where she could have ended up confused, if it wasn't for me preparing her from all the conversations we've had. She was in control of her body.

If I told her 'oh don't worry about it' - this would send the message of 'why bother telling at all'.

I agree I never dreamed it would end up being such a big deal. This is when the self doubt comes in. I've thought about calling CPS - even if I do it anonymously, the family would know it's from me...we're already in a battle and this would start an all out war for sure. At this point I don't want anything to do with them.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lillyleaf