View Single Post
Perzephone
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2005
Default Nov 09, 2005 at 08:33 AM

{{{{{{{WI Fighter}}}}}

I'm trying to go back to school & having to take 3 math classes before I can even qualify to take Basic College Algebra, so don't feel bad - I never even passed it in high school - a teacher gave me a 'pity D-'.

I bought 'Algebra for Dummies' & the textbook I bought for my basic math class is the teacher's edition (I found it on half.com - the school wanted $90 for it, half had it for $30) so I could flip back & forth while I was doing the exercises. It's got all the steps laid out, not just answers to the questions, it's also got 'teaching tips' that outline different ways of explaining the problems to make it easier for students to understand.

Try looking up the ISBN of your daughter's textbook online & see if you can find maybe a slightly older teacher's version - it may help.

Talk to your daughter's teacher, too - maybe you could 'sit in' on a class or two & see if you can grasp what the teacher's trying to explain?