View Single Post
crazybutnotstupid

Member Since Nov 2010
Default Nov 11, 2010 at 03:15 AM

Hi all:

Now, here's an issue thats been with me forever! (And I mean forever, I am an almost senior citizen)

My mom had a phobia about the dark. As a teenager (and I was one of those disgusting good girls who did what they were told) I wasn't allowed out alone after dark. Which means in December I couldn't go to a mall after dinner. I prayed for spring so I could have a life after school.

As an adult, living in another city, every visit with my mother still needed to be worked around her phobias. So we had a wonderful time during the summer (she was my best shopping buddy) but it made for some very difficult holidays.

While I never shared her phobias (she died a few years ago) I'm still conditioned to anxiety when it suddenly becomes so dark so early.

Why can't we just keep daylight savings time? The concept was designed for an agrarian society where farmers had to be out in the fields at 5:00 AM. (so they wanted it light in the morning)

But its so outdated now. Would anybody here object to year round daylight saving time?
crazybutnotstupid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
(JD)