View Single Post
Maven
Pirate Goddess

Member Since Oct 2005
513 hugs
given
Default Nov 13, 2005 at 08:03 AM

I know a lot of people here have had this happen, but I'm still curious to see what responses I get. Have you had people accuse you of faking whatever disorder/condition you have, or say stupid things to you?

For example, I have been accused of faking my problems, which would classify me as the ultimate in lazy, because I've not worked in many years, and I've gone through this crap for over 27 years. Plus, do people really think I enjoy my pathetic life, having no real work history, not having achieved my dreams, and crying about what could have been?

Another example, when I was a teenager, my mom's friend told me I like it, meaning I enjoy my mental problems, because if i didn't like it, I would "just stop."

I used to say I wouldn't wish these problems on my worst enemy, but I've grown up and seen how the world really is. Yeah, there are people I'd wish this and more on (rapists, murderers, and torturers among them), and I would at least like the people who say these stupid things to go through at least a year of this crap. One day isn't enough for them to understand how stressful it becomes when you just need a rest from it and it won't go away, and how the condition changes/worsens/improves over time and in certain situations. They really need at least a year to understand, IMO.

So, who's got a story to tell?

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had some ice cream.

Equal Rights Are Not Special Rights

Maven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote