View Single Post
notz
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Oct 2008
6,732 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Nov 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I just want to bump this thread up and thank everyone who has posted about gallbladders before. I've searched the entire site and read everything.

About 2 months ago I had this annoying pain just under my ribs on the right side. I didn't pay too much attention. A couple of weeks ago, again the pain. Again, I ignored it. Long standing issue I still work on, stoicism - I ignore pain.

Well, 3 days ago it happened again. Got my attention this time! I'm still hurting but nothing, absolutely nothing like it was last night! I couldn't stand up straight, bent over with my gut. I slept sitting up on the couch because it was the only position I could find that was "ok". Spouse dutifully put pillows here, there, this way and that, until I finally said "that's good" and drifted off to sleep. A vicodin helped with the pain.

I just thought I'd share what happened. I also want to tell those of you who have gone through this before, I stand before you humbled. That was some excruciating pain! Everything and anything I did crumpled me. Whew! All of you out there who have experienced this must be some tough, damn cookies!

No, I didn't go to the ER. I have personal insurance, but we have a really high deductible and it's mostly for pharmacy coverage. Neither of us are working and can barely pay the insurance in the first place.

I'll work on my diet and we'll go from there. I know the odds are high that I will go through another "attack", but maybe I can limp along until finances get better.

notz
notz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote