View Single Post
Detia

Member Since Jul 2009
32 hugs
given
Default Nov 16, 2010 at 05:13 AM

Y'know I actually have friends that have seen ghosts and friends that have hallucinations because of mental disorders. Sometimes they are similar but there seem to be distinct differences to these people.

Me personally, I tend to see things or hear things so I've done my best to debunk them to see if I was my brain playing tricks or trying to make sense out of something else that was there. I wear glasses so I've learned how to tell teh difference between a strange reflection or shadow that could be misconstrued as a figure of some sort and sometimes I have seen things out of the corners of my eyes that can't be explained. It wasn't my hair, or a piece of dust or anything...

My most clear examples are really seeing cats out of the corner of my eyes like Kaika. At one point I was really bothered because sometimes I would see clearly a cat walk across a door way or run past my legs. I wouldn't think anything of it until I realized that the building I was in had no cats.

As for hearing things, I used to hear something whisper my name out side of my window and I've never really had auditory hallucinations except for when I'm coming out of or going into sleep. And those were often just really vivid dreams or me talking to myself in my sleep. I tried to say it was just a bird. I've also heard my name shouted while in crowds.

Often times the mind will try to make sense of a noise it has made and will turn the noise into something more familiar. Another portion of the time is that One can get so used to hearing a particular noise constantly and will thus create this noise simply for no reason it seems. Like hearing the cell phone go off when it hasn't in a while.

Perhaps you really are experiencing spirits, try to see if you can explain anything you experience like a piece of hair next to your eye or a creek in the house being transfigured into laughter by your mind. See where that takes you. If you're concerned that they are spirits, tell them that it's okay for them to move on and that they should leave. Out Loud. Even if there aren't spirits, sometimes it can put your mind at ease to say this out loud to yourself.

yikes, sorry that was so long..
Detia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
snapdragon928