View Single Post
Momo92

Member Since Sep 2010
Default Nov 16, 2010 at 03:30 PM

Firstly, I want to let each of you know that my heart goes out to you. Whether your parents divorced or if you, yourself, got divorced. I know this is a very difficult thing to go through as well. And Madisgram, My heart goes out to you too. I couldnt imagine going through that as a child.

Well, I know im only 18, but I have personally been through this and am still going through this currently. My parents divorced when I was about 5 years old. I can still vaguely remember the day my dad left and it hurts. I completely understand where you are coming from cutebagaddict08. I have two brothers who were affected in this divorce as well and our relationships are not as good as I wish they were do to the strain of living through a divorce. I do still see both my mom and dad, but our relationships are not great either. Im not mad at them for divorcing, because I know it was better for the both of them, but I do resent the fact that both my mom and my dad still to this day talk horrible about one another trying to make me and my brothers not like the other parent.

As for what you asked, Alangston, A lot of children come from divorced families and do just fine. Dont let any one experience make you think that they wont 'recover'. It all depends on how the children feel about the situation and how they are able to handle it. My advise would be to talk to them about it. I know they are young, but I wish my parents would have sat me down to talk about it. I think things would have went a lot better for me,as the child, if they had just talked to me about it.
I also am dealing with my dad and my step-moms marriage that is on the rocks. Being older now, I know they should divorce but for now they are staying in the marriage for my little brothers sakes. So, my opinion on this is if their is a marriage to save, then I think you should. But also, dont stay if your not safe or if you're truly that unhappy. My dad and step-mom are constantly fighting and arguing. My dad doesnt even sleep in the bedroom with her anymore. He has been sleeping in the reclining chair for months now. This is what they call staying together for the kids and I must say this is more damaging to everyone than getting a divorce would be. I have talked to my brothers about it and they have told me, crying, that they wish mommy and daddy would just split up so everyone could be happy and not upset all the time. Personally it breaks my heart to see my brothers feel this way, so I would advise that if your relationship sounds like this then you should talk with the kids because sometimes it is better for everyone if parents divorce as well.

Lastly, I wanted to say that even though I have gone through both a divorce and a marriage that is being held together for the childrens sake, I love my parents with all of my heart. I wouldnt be me without them and I am very thankful I have them. All three of them.

I hope this helps..

Momo.
Momo92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cutebagaddict08