View Single Post
Leed
Elder

Member Since Oct 2010
189 hugs
given
Default Nov 18, 2010 at 01:09 PM

Hi ~ Do you have ANY idea why she is so unhappy?? Obviously she IS unhappy or she wouldn't be so negative and mean all the time. Is her health okay?? Do your parents get along? Or are they constantly arguing?

I have a feeling that she's really not mad at YOU. You're just in line for her anger, so she takes it out on you. I think she's mad at something else, or she has something else bothering her. Perhaps she's unhappy about her lot in life - maybe she had dreams of something totally different than what she got. Maybe she feels she's in a rut and would LOVE a change - a trip somewhere, something new and exciting to do. She's probably sick and tired of seeing the same old thing day in and day out. I would BET that ALL OF YOU take each other for granted. Families do that. No one EVER says "Thank YOU" to family members. For instance, when was the last time you ever thanked your Mom for a good meal??? You probably can't remember. LOL See??? We take each other for granted --- ALL families do that. Your Mom takes YOU for granted too.

Just a little simple kindness will undoubtedly put a smile on her face - or else she'll think you're up to something. LOL Just try some human kindness and see what happens. If you can afford it, take Mom out to dinner. Give her a break. Let her dress up and take her out. She'd enjoy that. Best of luck and take care of yourself. Hugs, Lee

Thanks for this!
lynn P.