View Single Post
Artsywoman45

Member Since Dec 2008
Default Nov 24, 2010 at 09:08 PM

I was wondering if someone could please help me. I am dealing with an abusive BF who I believe is abusing again, as his behavior is odd. I do not understand it, but it is hurting me too much and I have to get away from him as it is making me very depressed and anxious. I know he is an addict and an alcoholic, but I cannot help him, as I have tried. I just need to know if behaviors such as disappearing for hours and then not showing up, anger, lack of caring about others feelings, irresponsiblility, asking for money a lot, lying, etc. Does this mean drug use again? He always sounds very drugged, then he stays up always late and then sleeps in the day. He was taking antidepressants, but stopped. He a lso has a habit of taking pain meds with alcohol and going to the hospital to get them. The last time he went there, he told me they would not help him. I told him because they know he is addicted and he got very mad. He keeps saying he can control his drug use, and he is not like other addicts. This is very odd as he is 58 years old. He tries to keep me up and I just cannot deal with this behavior. I just had the worst, most hurtful run in and now my depression is back. He has a long history of cocaine and alcohol abuse, jail etc. He has been to detox, but always refuses the jail programs, gets angry when I bring up a problem. I know I am supposed to help him, but it makes me sick and very anxious, as he is abusive. He borrowed some money from me recently and I asked it for it back and he was out somewhere and would not specify and said he would bring it to me when he could. Earlier he had told me he would be at my house at 4 p.m. He then yells at me for being angry. Is it me or this crazy behavior? I am concerned. I suffer from depression and have to stay away from this as he triggers me. I realize he has a disease, but he will not listen to anyone. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Artsywoman45; Nov 24, 2010 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: additions
Artsywoman45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nushi