View Single Post
Kacey2
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2009
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2010 at 02:30 PM

A few weeks ago when I was still meeting with t on a consistent basis. I went into his office for my appointment and one of the chairs was facing his and practically touching. (I know there was someone in it because from where I park I can see shadows of people in there.) I don't think that there was two feet in between those chairs when I came in for my appointment and I am not exaggerating. They were also face to face. My thought when I entered was oh my gosh she was on your lap.

Of course this bothered me. I sit in the farthest chair away from him and ususally push it right up to the wall. I obviously have intimacy problems so no judging please or harsh posts.

I have been very honest about how I am jealous that t has other clients etc and I have specifically told him that his intimacy with them dilutes his intimacy with me. I am wondering if this was on purpose or was it just inconsiderate of him not to move that chair back to it's original place? I don't care to ask him because I think I would be brushed off about it and would end up feeling stupid. Where he would just deny it or say he didn't recall that.

My question is, am I overreacting, overthinking, letting my core wounds get the best of me? How do I deal with this so it doesn't affect any future therapy I may have? And would this bother you if you were in a similar situation? Please Help!
Kacey2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote