View Single Post
Galetre

Member Since Nov 2010
1 hugs
given
Help Dec 10, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I didn't realize I had PPD until I took the depression quiz. I thought I was just depressed & I also thought that PPD was only about people who felt violent about their children. I love my children dearly & have no negative thoughts about them. My first two children are my ex-husband's & he keeps them on the weekends. Because of this I had 5 years of kid-free weekends where I could really let loose & be myself. I liked my life that way. Sure, I missed them some of the time, but it really helped me to balance my life & be happy. Since I had my third child & he is with me 24/7 I really miss my old life. I feel like I lost myself & really resent it when his father goes out for the evening, or goes wherever he wants during the day, or even just takes a bubble bath & a nap in the afternoon. We can't afford a babysitter & he wouldn't let us have one anyway. He says he can't help with the baby & only does when I have a doctor appointment. I don't have any family nearby to help out, either. How can I come to terms with my new life & learn to be content? I really want to, but I am so struggling with the depression issue. Help!
Galetre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote