Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
3 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 15, 2010 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise26 View Post
To be honest until the day I posted my reply I had never been told anything about Schizo being part of my diagnoses. I took that quiz and it was on there and thats what led me to your post ultimately. My T is very reserved about discussing my labels with me because she believes they're often times too broad and possibly restrictive and so I am only sure of a few concrete diagnoses and this one has never came up, as such I have just begun to research it and know very little about it.

I find it extremely interesting and comforting yet a little distressed to know someone else experiences this as well.

I know it can be very frustrating, a neat little trick it to train yourself to hear the tone/melody of what they're saying and when they break for a response you can give any number of patent responses that go along with those social cues. Like if my sister is talking like crazy and upbeat or kinda laughing and I come to myself realizing she was expecting a response I might say something like "oh wow thats crazy" with a little laugh in my voice

or if shes fussing about something and tone suggest she's looking for understanding and reassurance I might say "Right!" with a particular tone to match hers.

I have quite a few more but with my people it's easy, they dont care what I think/feel/or am going through just whether I am listening to their **** or not....

P.S. Training you ear for the tone instead of the words themselves can also be helpful in bringing your thought back around to the conversation.

I am an analyzer bad and if I shift focus to the tone and start to analyze it I remember I'm supposed to be listening to the conversation and attention comes back.

I am a MAJOR ANALYZER!!!! That really hit a note with me. And I too sometimes have to read things 4 or 5 times to get it, but I do also notice I have a somewhat photographic memory, but only when reading subjects that interest me. Then I can actually pick out certain phrases or sentences on a page, but cannot see the entire page. As far as analyizing things....I have a tendence to analyze them to death.

http://solitarysage.psychcentral.net...ing/#comment-2
LostSavant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote