View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2010 at 03:02 PM

It sounds like a lot of your questions have to do with what you think other people are thinking. When you ask, "Why am I considered so abnormal?" I want to ask what you mean by "so" and who is considering you that way and what "abnormal" means to you? Since it is about you and you are the only expert on yourself, you get to decide what is good for you or not. If therapists don't seem to help you, I wouldn't work with them; it sounds like your husband's care is great and what you want?

I don't know anyone who considers belief in God to be abnormal or wrong or strange, etc. so I'm not sure what you are asking about there.

Unfortunately, it can be easy to get tangled up when thinking of vague, abstract concepts like "society". To me, society is just those people with whom I deal directly. I don't "care" about people I don't know and won't meet in any very personal way. Yes, I give to charities to help people all over the world but I don't watch the news much, for example, or read magazines, because there's not a whole lot I feel I can do or be productive about in relation to politics or natural disasters, etc. I vote but am more interested in my local politicians than larger state, or national ones. I educate myself on things as I am confronted by them; I see no point in "worrying" about cancer or anything that might happen in the future because I can't tell the future.

So, my society is those around me in my own little world and I do try to adapt myself to what they are interested in and care about as I live with them and it makes life easier? If they do or do not want to talk about God I adjust to that, noting their reactions as I mention several subjects of interest to me.

Someone I don't know or care about suggesting I should work or eat more eggs or peanut butter or give more money to this or that charity, etc. get ignored because they are not part of my world. I don't think in terms of broad questions like, "Why do people lie" because I do not consider myself a liar and don't generally associate with those whom I do consider liars. But if I think someone is lying, I wonder about the specific person and the specific lie and how they go together rather than making things so general. I don't believe people in general "lie" but I have so many issues with the generalities of "people" (who are they?) and even what constitutes a "lie" and why it would matter why, what that would "solve" for me.

I keep things as personal as I can to myself because I'm the only one here, in this body/life and believe I have the life task of being the best "Me" I can be.