View Single Post
lindamine

Member Since Jul 2010
Default Dec 30, 2010 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breather222 View Post
I hear all of you. I just joined this group a few minutes ago. I wonder if any of you have considered ECT? I am considering it after many years of treatment-resistant depression. Just thought someone might give me the what to expect routine if I go ahead with treatment. I am so afraid.
Breather
hey there and welcoome!....i myself, am a bit shy about posting...believe it or not.....after seeing my last post.....soooo long...suppose that is why i hesitate........i am very ADD and have trouble keeping my thoughts on track ...so, here i am, giving another stab at it.......

I am very...extremely...treatment resistant.....for 15 months of med inductiions....all new to me...psych wise.........so much of it to no avail.....
we are still stumbling....pdoc and me..........

about the ECT thing...........i have often wondered this for myself..have asked pdoc about it too.....he is at least 30yrs, into his practice. He says it is really not a good thing....it is as if people become addicted to it.....and the damage done to the brain does not out weigh the final effect.....

On one of my other on line communities......there are people there...I watch and read every day...they are just counting the days until their next ECT.....and they totally love it when they come home....very non invasive procedure......but....and this is a biggie..........their memory...keeps getting worse and worse..... but their mood feels better and better........

So, I say.....Gee Whiz.....what's it worth to YOU??????

Really, have been a very busy member on this site.....very tight knit community........read several times aday.........I really have observed so much.....med wise, and this ECT you are inquiring about....

I will tell you, I recently was prescribed..(can not get without RX)...trans cranial stimulation therapy.....you put electrodes on your earlobe and get zapped for some time....woopssssss..

got called away....need to return later

sorry for interrru[ti....whatever!

I'll be back
lindamine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote