whenwillitend
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2010
59 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2011 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
Lonegael, I used to teach riding. Boy am I familiar with those school horses you are talking about. I had one that had a time clock in her head. At the end of an hour she went in the middle of the ring and quit whether the lesson was over or not! Had another who only did exactly what he was told to do, no more. Frustrating as they can be for the rider, they are great teachers!
Totally! My old horse was so great with kids, they sometimes borrowed him for lessons. He loved kids, but he also knew how to teach them to be assertive. They either told him what to do, or he'd walk in circles, smaller and smaller circles, until he reached the middle of the arena, and then he'd just stop and stand there. Too funny. He never ever bucked or spooked, and I even jumped with him bareback. They called him the babysitter horse because he was so great with kids. Man, I miss him so.

I used to teach riding too. I always took over when the "real" instructor didn't feel like it. The kids loved it. And I did too.
whenwillitend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote