View Single Post
sunsetsunrise
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2009
210 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2011 at 05:21 AM

Hey Daytimedreamer. great post. I read it in my email and was not planning to come here to answer so late at night ( past 5am where I live) but after I read your awesome post, I just had to take the time to come and answer. First, I feel so honored that you talked from your heart about this. I think that the humiliation is so much a part of this condition. I completely understand about the need to delete after posting. I thought I invented that, lol. Please dont feel ashamed of using the forums wihout a formal dx. Formal dx is not needed (((( hugs for you)))).

I am so very glad that you have a husband who accepts you. Thats wonderful. I am even more glad that you told him all about things before you got married. That way there is less of a feeling you need to hide things.

Yes, my family is ashamed of me. But no one could be more ashamed of me than I am. The pain of Avpd is huge for me. And I am sorry that anyone has to live with it, or any other condition, illness etc. They all are so painful.

You wrote " I feel ashamed for even thinking that there is anything REALLY wrong with me when I am clearly just lazy" yes. its hard. I have been judged as that. And no one judges me worse than I do.

I admire you for feeling worthy of having a husband. Definatly some other people who are AvPD do have husband wife or girlfriend. I never felt worthy of that. So I commend you for that. I hide alone. I guess you hide a lot with someone else there.

Thank you again for writing this. I feel honored that you did. Okay, now its 5:20 in the morning. time to floss my teeth and try to go to bed.
sunsetsunrise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote