View Single Post
snapdragon928

Member Since Dec 2010
Default Jan 09, 2011 at 03:33 PM

What happened during the sessions that the therapists broke down? Not specifics of course, but in general. I don't know why a belief in a higher power would be abnormal.
I was in group therapy with a councelor that broke down. It was a bad situation, as they suddenly told us that we had been in therapy too long, and they were breaking up our group. We were very upset. Then they began in the counceling sessions individually to see why we weren't advancing and getting better as fast as they would like and started doing personality tests, and blaming it on hard to treat personality disorders, when it was just bad counceling gone horribly awry. If the Therapists can't take it when they care for those in need, they need another profession.
I don't know you. I can't tell you why you are considered abnormal. People do put a lot of emphasis on what they wear as to is it normal or not. Same for social expression. You deserve a professional psychiatrist and therapist who is well educated on such personality disorders. They avoid because it's hard to treat personality disorders, that is what I was told.
You put a lot of information out there, thank you. One of the things I looked at with this disorder said something about belief in the paranormal, I haven't seen that any where since that article I read. I guess this is partly what they mean by magical thinking. But shouldn't include people with pagan or wiccan beliefs, as that is saying your choice of religion makes you abnormal and that's just not fair.
snapdragon928 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LostSavant