View Single Post
footnmouth

Member Since Dec 2010
Default Jan 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I do these same things too. I was diagnosed with OCD a long time ago and only recently with Schizotypal PD and I blamed the OCD before. I thought I was just obsessing about something, either a word I wanted to understand the meaning of better, not sure I was understanding the context, or something, or I would catch a grammatical error and get stuck.

Same thing when someone is talking to me. If they have a weird mannerism or something is out of place with them, I can't hear them. I get stuck. Now I think maybe it's not just the OCD. I have learned to do the same thing with following cues to decide what to say when I haven't heard a word they said. I know sometimes I say the wrong thing by the look on the faces of the people around me but I don't know what else to do. Sometimes I then say something I finally processed from what was said earlier, hoping to fit back in. Then I usually give up and say that I have to go.

Part of the time, I have so much chatter in my head I really don't care what they are saying and that's really why I got stuck. LOL!

Funny thing about finding out I was schizotypal is that we are typically loaners, which I agree I am, but I read that we don't benefit from forums and groups like other personality disorders do.

This proves otherwise as we all seem to be comforted in not being alone.

It's kind of nice to just admit to being "odd" and letting it go instead of worrying over it.

footnmouth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote