View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2011 at 04:27 PM

I'm glad she's a ways down the street instead of right next door; I remember when our across the street neighbors shot the back window out of our RV when we left to go out to dinner one evening; our lovely next door neighbors heard/saw what happened and went with the police to the neighbor's to talk with him (we couldn't find any of the pellets in the RV from the pellet gun used) and I remember how vulnerable and upset I felt for a long time, worried what they might "do" next (shoot my cat?).

They were angry at our insurance company taking longer than they wanted about paying for some slight damage to a vehicle of theirs that was an accident (we weren't even allowed to know the details, it was between them and our insurance company so we didn't know this was happening). From then on their "guests" deliberately would back all the way across the wide, two-lane, main street and up onto our curb wrecking the grass, etc. and one even backed over the mailbox and knocked it over and drove off, etc.

Do you have some good friends/neighbors you can talk with who would understand? I found out the across the street neighbors had moved from further down the street and the children of my good, elderly neighbors had gone to school with them and had other "stories" to confirm it was "them" and not "me" with the problem; an in-person reality check that felt good/comforting. I'm not saying besmirch or gossip about them but just mention you have had problems with them, maybe, not anything else, see if there isn't some sort of consensus that other people may have seen the finger being given to your daughter, etc.

Thanks for this!
lynn P.