lynn P.
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
2,432 hugs
given
Default Jan 14, 2011 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulchenrouz View Post
so you have done the right thing by getting the police involved. Thats responsible thinking. now let them do their job. its at this point YOU back off no matter how much it you irks to do so. the situation will either die a natural death due to the lack of your response to the other mothers baited, perceived or not, remarks or actions, that is if the police don't arrest either one of you first for breach of the peace . also i would also ease up a bit on the projection. your daughter is not you. she is her own person.
I got a call form the police and they were having trouble getting an address so the lady constable asked if my 13 yr old would show them the house - they live a half a block away. The constable asked me for the whole story and then she went down, to warn her to refrain from making obscene gestures to my kids. Since her and my daughter still play at recess with other friends I said it's fine they keep doing this - I want things to be better with the kids.

I told the officer to expect complete denial and the officer told us to keep a list of time, day etc of any future problems. I told my daughter not to say anything, even if they try to talk about this. I hope the neighbor will adhere to the warning and not seek revenge for me calling the police. I guarantee it won't be me who'll end up arrested. I don't think I'm projecting my feelings on them - if anything I teach them to be diplomatic and fair. I'm also well aware my daughters are their own person.

*Practice on-line safety.
*Cheaters - collecting jar of hearts.
*Make your mess, your message.
*"Be the change you want to see" (Gandhi)

lynn P. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote