Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2011 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distressed2010 View Post
Thanks rohag but ive only been a part of this for about a month and a half. would i still feel guilty for leaving?
A month and a half doesn't sound like a lot of time, but how intense was your experience during that time?
Quote:
I got 8 more texts from other people in the group and from the leader as well that night and the following morning.
The leader mobilized his followers to prevent you from separating from the group. They're sending the not-so-subtle message you are not just letting down the leader but everyone else as well. That's a powerful, manipulative weapon. I can easily imagine guilt feelings rising in response to such an assault on one's psyche.

Distressed2010, I cannot know with any certainty how your current sense of guilt relates to your involvement with the theatre group. All I can say is that people whose lives have in some way intersected with roughly similar groups report a wide variety of post-involvement symptoms, exaggerated or inappropriate guilt being one of them.

I wish you much guilt-free success in the performing arts!

Thanks for this!
Distressed2010