View Single Post
cutebagaddict08
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2010
Confused Jan 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hello- I posted something similiar a few moths ago about deciding on what route to take to continue education..... I'm still totally indecisive. I'm a nurse (I have an associates degree.) I work in adult critical care. I like my job and I like experiencing and learning new things. (But it also has increased my anxiety and PMDD symptoms dealing with the stress that comes with the job.)
My passion is to work with Alzheimer's patients and their famililies. I love nursing, but I'm starting to wonder if it's really my passion. I looked into majoring in psychology and possibly clinical counseling-mainly geriatrics.

But that would mean going for a whole new degree and probally like at least 6yrs of school, and lots of tuition. I also thought of going for a psychatric nursing-which would be a little less school (also it would allow to combine both my passions:nursing and psychology and possibly geriatrics.)
I would like to do school part-time because I don't want to take out a ton of school loans and the tuition reimbursement is not the greatest. For some reason I keep going back to going for a psych degree and concentrating on geriatric counceling. I don't want to give up nursing, but not sure I want to be my complete career focus either.
Any advice??? Thanks for listening.