View Single Post
Anonymous45023

Default Feb 02, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg311 View Post
... But it is hard when you live in a World where you have a secret and you are in a "normal" job, living the "normal" life and yet you are not "normal," but you are expected and judged as if you were.Anyone experience this?
Yup. I've disclosed very selectively and never in work situations. I've always managed, but just barely at many times. Useless, but dragged my butt in anyway, out of sheer mortification of having to explain myself. It is very hard. Sometimes I wonder if maybe this is not the right way to go, but having (until just recently) always lived in small towns, the judgement, misconceptions and gossip would be too much for me to bear. My support system has always been extremely minimal at best, so I'd just be flapping in the breeze and have no illusions about that. (I've never worked a place that had an HR, (or long ago and didn't know what that was) only places that are very small and exempt from many laws, so...)

Welcome to the forums, btw, clg311! I hope you find this a supportive and safe place to share your experiences.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
clg311, FeelingHopeful