Elder

Member Since Feb 2009
3,268 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 02, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow8 View Post
I can understand your disappointment, MUE. I agree you have a lot to do to repair your therapeutic relationship. What happened with the idea to see another T to discuss what happened? Are you still considering that?

What I noticed about your last session, though I realize you were exhausted and confused, was that your T didn't seem to give you a chance to give your side of the story. He told you how he felt you mistreated him. Maybe I'm wrong about that. If so, I'm sorry. He's got to acknowlege more than just hurting you. He has to own his part in it. I wonder what he would think if he knew so many people offered support to you, understood your pain, and suggested that you get a new T. Would he
just get defensive and dismiss us all?

I'm glad you're taking it slowly and thinking about what to do. I feel confident that you will know what's right as you speak with him more. I don't think there's a definite way to go. If you can work it out and trust your T, that would be great. If not, there will be another T for you.
Thanks, Rainbow...

I have not given much thought about bringing another T in. I've been so consumed by so much that I haven't been able to focus on this - especially when it would take effort to find a T that I would trust and who would be willing to do it. Also, the cost is a concern, considering I now have to pay for an attorney to deal with my issues with my ex. UGH.

And, Rainbow, you are SO right about how T did not focus at all on what I was feeling. The session focused on how he felt about me and what I did...and he spent time explaining and justifying how he handled it, which isn't what I needed. At the time, I was exhausted - and still am - and was overwhelmed by feelings of guilt and confusion...that I ended up just giving in. I hope I can dedicate some time to working on this today so that I am prepared tomorrow for my session.

And the thing that really upsets me too is that I am going through such a difficult time with the whole ex thing, I really needed my T to be my T....but because of this issue between us, I am unwilling to try to get the support I need from him until we can work through this - if we even can.