View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2011 at 03:40 AM

That same thing happened to me when my pdoc put me on prozac back in 1994 when anxiety & depression hit me after loosing my career. I lost so much (was down to 83 pounds), my pdoc put me in an eating disorders treatment center for 2 months. It had nothing to do with my body image, so their treatment had no effect. My weight was so low that for a over a year after that, I kept landing in the hospital & they kept doing a central line with IV nutrition. It was really a bad time of my life that I don't even have many memories of.

Stress & anxiety is the cause of all my weight loss which happened again when my mother was dying of cancer & I caught the home care person abusing her & me....it was such a frightening situation I lost almost as much as that first time. The pdoc I was seeing then put me on seroquel to help with the nightmares. Seroquel is known for it's weight gain & it had NO EFFECT on my weight....ah, how stress can over power a normal med effect. Landed in the medical hospital for a month because of that weight loss.

It's much better if you are able to take care of your nutrition without going through the IV nutrition. Central lines are dangerous....one time they knicked my lung & punctured it with the needle...had to deal with the wrapping of my legs to keep them from getting blood clots. Had no idea all the complications that could hit me.

Please take care of yourself before it becomes any worse

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
theperfectpearls