View Single Post
Troy
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2008
Default Feb 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM

In spite of the trauma it created, I went to the 2nd "diagnosis" -- and when we were finished I asked the psychologist whether she thought I might be diagnosed as having PTSD. She replied, "No I don't think you might have PTSD, I'm SURE you have PTSD."

I have a series of appointments set up with a T, and I'm going to try to keep the first of them and see if I have the courage to continue. Working with the intak people was very traumatic. It took me over 1.5 hours to complete the 3 page background questionnaire. I had to constantly stop and wipe away tears and calm down.

The interview was pretty much the same...totally illogical emotional responses to simple questions.

So here's the question for someone who has been through this ... What do I tell my family about the forthcoming series of appointments? I know I don't have to tell them about my PTSD, but they will ask and ignoring their questions will be a dead give away that something mental is going on.

Some will probably tell me to just tell everyone right up front ... but I don't know if I can do that. My whole body and mind resists it. How did you handle this?