View Single Post
Anonymous37798

Default Feb 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_fins View Post
I don't understand... you seem to be saying that ONLY you or your daughter can see the T. ....-- NOT both of you? why is that?

are you fearful that your daughter will say some things that you've not shared with T.? (you don't have to answer that if you're not comfortable) or maybe it's that it would cause your relationship with T. to feel "different" sharing T. with a close family member?...

purple-fins....not sure if you followed my other threads. That would explain this. It is not that my therapist cannot see both of us. The issue is that I know my daughter and her issues. I know what it is like to get into therapy and dig up skeletons! I would end up being her soul support system to help her through that. She has severe anxiety, panic attacks and major anger issues. Opening all that up in therapy would magnify them for awhile. I feel that I would get totally burdened down trying to help her.

She would not feel comfortable talking with anyone else about some things from her past. I would end up getting so wrapped up in her therapy, that I would not spend time focusing on what I need to work on.

I am not fearful that she would say something to my therapist about me, yet when you start really getting deep into your emotions, things come up that you did not know were there. I would not feel comfortable with her talking about me in therapy, nor would I feel comfortable talking about her in my sessions.

It took me a long time to get a working relationship with my therapist. I just don't want to do anything to jeopardize that relationship. This is why I feel so guilty. I am thinking of myself too much! If she saw someone else, I could handle that a lot better. I could be more of a support for her. I do want her to be in therapy, but I don't think it is in my best interest for us to see the same therapist.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
purple_fins