View Single Post
inbloom

Member Since Jan 2011
1 hugs
given
Default Feb 22, 2011 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropa View Post

The bad news: spent most of the session talking about my 16 year old son and his issues and how they effect the family. Which was important, but didn't feel really good to me because I only have 50 mins, you know? I want to go there and feel like it's about ME. I told "I'm spending all my time today talking about (my son), and when I go home I have to pick up (my son) and then I have to deal with (my son) and his interactions with his siblings all night. It's all (my son), all the time."
I really hear you on this. Sometimes I find it really hard to find a balance when there is SO much to say and so little time. There is the *today* stuff, i.e. kids, parenting, relationship, current events, and then there is the past and the internal stuff left over from the past that affects day to day life. Often, I am having issues with current parenting stuff that I want to address but I am ALWAYS aware when this stuff starts to suck up the time and I haven't yet gotten to the *me* stuff. Sometimes it does happen and there is just no preventing it, but I really try to avoid it because I then walk away feeling like I didn't take care of *me* at all.

Anyway, just wanted to share that I *totally* understand!!

I am also interested to hear how the anxiety stuff goes. My own is out of control and I am always curious to see if there are useful treatments and tools out there that I haven't yet tried.

Thanks for this!
zooropa