View Single Post
Nola22
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2010
Default Feb 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong View Post
{{{{{Nola}}}}}
You are welcome.It WILL return .....at points in our lives we fail to recognize the tiny pleasures.The acknowledgement of the season....fall leaves.....springs arrival...children playing......Receptiveness to it will be among your choices.I feel we become to worn down by life....so trapped in negative thought process....we have to pretend till it's become a habit and really struggle to internalize the small beauties that flit by ...as a butterfly does a flower.You are correct that reception is key.Your recognition of the fact is key ...to that key.Life's circumstances are transient.The one thing that is stabile is our power in each moment to choose.I hope ...and I mean from the heart...I hope you will find a peace...fragrant and blooming...inside you....a place of comfort.~W~
Thank you, wolfsong. You make some very important points about allowing ourselves positive, beautiful experiences, and of course, we are in agreement about being simply open to them in the first place. Another critical concept is the recognition that peace comes from within--thank you for reminding me of that. We so often put ourselves on tracks we're convinced will lead us to that state of being, when it's actually scarier and more difficult because it's a process that forces us to look within. I honestly think we'd rather be out there hunting or searching than confronting ourselves.

I was wondering if we should take any potential philosophical discussions to another thread so we don't derail this one? It has such good intentions.

Thank you so much for your kindness, concern, and loving wishes. I wish you the same should you need peace--a whole amazing lifetime's worth and then some. (((((((wolfsong))))))
Nola22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shezbut