Thread: Hello
View Single Post
ladytee60

Member Since Mar 2011
Default Mar 08, 2011 at 05:40 PM

Hello....is anyone out there? I'm new here....WOW....I've finally found people who are just like me! I learned that I have Dependent Personality Disorder. I haven't been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist, but read about this disorder in Wikipedia of all places! My problem is being too dependent on men. I've been married four times and all but three of my marriages have been very unhappy, yet I get scared when I think about being alone. I've gone from one marriage to another, usually on the rebound because I don't have enough confidence to rely on myself. I'm in an unhappy marriage now and have been with this man for 7 years,7 months. It's amazing how much crap I'll take from a man just because I have low self-esteem. I've been thinking about leaving my current husband for almost two years now. I allow myself to be a doormat for the men I've been married to along with being a doormat for employers. I haven't worked in 18 months but when I was working I would do anything to please my employer. I'm quite miserable being this way and wish I could change.
ladytee60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote