View Single Post
LookingforCalm

Member Since Nov 2010
181 hugs
given
Default Mar 10, 2011 at 09:09 PM

My marriage failed for many reasons as well, but it started with me having depression. He always felt like he was to blame for it, even though he wasn't, and things just got worse and worse.

The thing is about people, and it's really sad, is that they get impatient when it comes to illness. Especially mental illness. "Why aren't you better now?" was a recurrent theme towards the end of my marriage.

Most people who have their own issues don't understand (or want to) the issues of others because they are so clouded and somewhat isolated by what they think is their own reality. It's hard to get out from under that dark cloud, especially when there is no support system at home.

All I can say is that I feel for you. I'm sorry this is disrupting, if not ending, your marriage. You shouldn't waste your time with someone who is some self-centered with their own problems that they can't take a moment to empathize with yours. It IS a two-way street when it comes to this. And I'm sorry you don't feel cared about when it comes to your illness.

But this place is great for what you wrote. We're here to support you, no matter what. And from someone like me who can understand where you're coming from, I hope you get all the support you deserve.
LookingforCalm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote