sabby
Community Support Team

Member Since Feb 2005
6,304 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Thanks everyone!

I've been finding a little time when I'm sort of alone (in my bedroom) to let loose a bit and cry. At the same time, I am a fixer, so I've been making some phone calls and have more to make on Monday to try to find more specific help for my grandson. He hasn't seen a doctor at the hospital yet, but will on Monday. He's bored because he's not allowed off the wing since he hasn't been evaluated by the doctor yet. So that is kinda pissing him off. I think, in a way it's a good thing as they will be able to see how he reacts when things don't go the way he thinks they should.

Yoda, yes, he does have an IEP and my daughter had just been at the school on Friday morning for a meeting with the team. They decided at that time to have the police called and sent to the ER if he lost it again. Ironically, it happened about an hour after their meeting. *sigh* So, the school called my daughter to double check the procedure they would use.

I do not know if he will be going back to that school or enrolled in a boys school or not at this point. He has been a danger to other students as well as staff and to himself. They may decide to keep him in his school once he's on meds but that remains to be seen.

Seeing him yesterday was really hard. He has a number of "ticks" going on now, including clearing his throat constantly, his foot and leg going all the time and he's blinking fast and often again. I can tell his anxiety is very high. I had tears in my eyes, choking them back while we were talking and playing around. This is all just breaking my heart

Again, thank you everyone for your words and support. I really need a place to vent this out and I am very thankful to all of you for reading and posting. You are my rock!

sabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous29402, darkpurplesecrets