View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2011 at 09:29 PM

I love the way you communicated that information with your grandson....shows the loving kindness behind the reasoning which was very important so that he wouldn't feel anger about that on top of possibly anger at what his uncle did. Think it was also wise to not give him the details....no need for him to have that in his mind to think on or maybe even make plans of his own with if or when he might get into a bad place some day.

Holding that in for a long 2 years had to generate anger. Just wondering????did his anger side come out before his dad's death or only since....might indicate that all the anger inside has come from not being able to deal with the grief.

Was also wondering if it might not be a good idea to make sure that the hospital does know & puts it in his records that he just learned this information. Know you told him to talk to them about it.....which is good to give him that responsibility.....but wondering if they might not need to know to help him work through that ability to get the communication about it started. Sometimes information like that gets stuck in the head & it's hard to talk about it with a new pdoc or T. Just to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks while he's in the hospital, which should be a good place for him to be able to have the support any time of the day he might find the need for support with his thoughts. At least he should be surrounded by supportive & understanding staff to help him through this also.

I can relate to how not being able to deal with grief can really spur on anger....know that with all I went through in my mothers death....my psychologist, pdoc, & the medical hospital I was in along with the hospice care just couldn't help me deal with all the trauma that was involved...but at least I was able to express myself....but the anger grew & grew because of everything that people let slip through the cracks & caused the trauma to happen & the helpless position I was put in because of it. I can only imagine the kind of anger your grandson has to have built up inside having not talked about it at all for that long...think I would just be exploding from inside. So glad he was able to ask you about it....a good sign that he is more open to opening up about it at least with close family.....very good sigh IMO.

Glad he had a good birthday & a pass to go home for it.....gee, when I was in the hospital during several of my bdays, never got anything special like that....that has to make him feel special also. Please send special birthday wishes to your Grandson from me.....He is a very special boy. Sure that when he works through what is causing his anger, things will really start to make a turn around in his life.

Sending special 's & to you & your grandson & family & prayers for a new path to begin.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sabby