Seshat
Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2011
619 hugs
given
Default Mar 29, 2011 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WikidPissah View Post
I have to admit, I have been with my recent T for 7 mos and I have no clue which approach he has...just that it is working, when all others have failed. There are several reasons for me to walk away, but there is this "connection" thing that keeps me here. I'm definitely not dependent, but I feel like he "gets" me. I will be sure to ask his method, although thinking about it, I think it to be mixed.
Thanks. I feel like he "gets" me too! And I don't even think I'm easy to understand, so that's a big deal to me. I'm glad we've both found Ts that "get" us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning1 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks for posting on here Seshat. I don't see many other people on here whose main issue they mention is depression.

I'm not sure whether or not I agree with Ladyjournalist about not overintellectualizing it. It doesn't sound like you intellectualize to the exclusion of other values since you value being able to trust your t. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking about the theory, and, you said your t thinks it helps. I would think it could help too- at least better than not thinking about it at all.

Anyway, whatever you think about intellectualizing it, based on what you posted, I agreed with what everyone said about sticking with your t since it sounded like you have a good relationship overall. I'm guessing maybe you live in an area where there are lots of t's since in many places there wouldn't be options to choose between t's who use less common theories or methods like the ones you mentioned.
Thank you for your support, learning1! Indeed, I feel that thinking about the theory has helped me communicate with T, since inability to open up is one my main issues.

As far as I know, logotherapy is one of the least common approaches amongst Ts, but, like you said, the fact that I have a good relationship with T sure means a lot to me.

"People say words can't hurt, but that's not true".

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere". – Agnes Repplier
Seshat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote