Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2009
140 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 12, 2011 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
Thanks Beholden - I'm thankful I don't live in Kansas, particularly the district of Virgil Peck. He'd probably tell me to "Show up or else be shot from a helicopter!"

Thanks Eskielover. It crossed my mind to let it go, but it came as a certified letter. It's not a good thing to fool with mother nature, and it's not a good thing to fool with the government. I'd hate to get hit with an even larger fine (or imprisonment) further on down the road for neglecting this matter now. Besides, that supervisor was snarky with me and pointed out my (recorded) phone call was verification I DO exist.

I managed to track this down to the county board of elections. They are the ones who provide the courts with names for jury duty. I was so angry and flustered by the time I spoke with the woman in charge, but I was blessed with an angel. Even though I was blabbering almost incoherently, she listened enough to understand what I was saying and needed. Even more, she understood my predicament.

She had the district attorney call me. I told the DA of my illness and status. She told me to fax the summons and proof of my medical disability to her office and she will make sure the matter is cleared.

I do have my medical disability papers, so that's not a problem.

I allowed myself to relax and calm down. I took my mind off of the situation by folding some pillow cases. I got up to put them in the linen closet, when I noticed some scattered paperwork in a file on one of the shelves. I brought it back to my bed, opened the file....and found my official marriage certificate from 1992!

My son made copies of all the documents yesterday, and my husband will fax them out today. YIPPEE!!!!

Let's hope these documents make it back to their rightful place!

Thank goodness for the pillow case 'case'.
Beholden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
KathyM