View Single Post
hayward

Member Since Dec 2010
Default Apr 12, 2011 at 09:26 PM

My goodness, I know so very well how you are feeling. And for me it's this big hole, kind of feels like it is inside my heart, and bottomless.

I think everyone has good suggestions. I KNOW the staying busy thing makes a big difference.

However, I also think sometimes our minds and bodies just need to cry it out, to think it through and just be sad for a while. It is cathartic, and sometimes necessary to get to the other side. That whole "You only appreciate the good when you have felt the bad" kind of thing.

Another thing is to realize, and really believe- that there is no right or wrong way to feel. No "shoulds".

I don't think there is one solution for this, except maybe to learn how to take one thing at a time, and not group all of your worries together. Tomorrow is gone, today will be soon, and tomorrow who knows. Life is a process and you will learn what works and what doesn't, and you can make it better slowly, a little at a time. In other words, don't set your expectations so high that you will be likely to "fail". Baby steps, and celebrate each one.

And then, when it doesn't work, put it away and just keep going. Be kind to yourself. You are doing the best that you can, by thinking and talking about it, and making attempts to improve your life.

Bottom line is that our hurt is NOT bottomless, even if it feels that way.
hayward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
PleaseHelp