View Single Post
WellRitAbil

Member Since Apr 2011
Default Apr 22, 2011 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkygirl View Post
Has anyone been on wellbutrin,abilify and ritalin at the same time? Just had my meds adjusted to this combination.Was wondering how it worked out.
Hi girl~

I take 450 mg of Wellbutrin, 10 mg of Abilify and 20 mg of Ritalin<--three times per day and 12.5 mg of Ambien at night

I just started Methylphenidate a week ago which is the generic of Ritalin. It doesn't do a thing for me! No "jittery feeling", no real appetite suppressant and it doesn't make my concentration THAT much better; maybe a little more reading comprehension and less impulsive while shopping. No side effects whatsoever. My sleep is okay, probably because I take the Ambien. The only thing I notice is that I wake up more often during the night but am able to go back to sleep.

I wanted to try Adderall because I am a student (50 yrs old) and am having trouble focusing, getting organized and paying attention in class. My psych wanted to try Ritalin, though. She started me off on 5 mg twice a day but it felt like I had taken a sugar pill.....nothing. So I titrated myself up to 20 mg twice a day and it only helps a little. It wears off so quickly that I have to take 20 mg more at about 4 pm.

I'm SO surprised that I don't get jittery or "speedy". I get more of these effects when I drink a double espresso! I wonder if it is the fact that I am taking a generic? I've read on other forums that the "real" Ritalin works better. I should be talking with my doc today and I am going to ask her to write a new rx and write DAW (dispense as written) on the script so I can get Ritalin instead of the generic: methylphenidate...because taking 12 pills a day seems ridiculous!

I wish she would just try Adderall. Maybe after a few weeks or months taking Ritalin with minimal effect she will feel more comfortable prescribing it.

Anyway...that's my 2 cents worth on the combo you asked about. The Wellbutrin and Abilify combo are the best I've ever had for my depression. Nothing really seemed to work before. How much Ritalin a day do you take and what effects does it provide? (Good or Bad)
WellRitAbil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote