View Single Post
confused777

Member Since Apr 2010
Default Apr 29, 2011 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reflex View Post
My counselor that I've seen for eight months and I have noticed that even though I've worked through an enormous amount of intrapsyhic trauma that I still tend to exhibit ADHD symptoms. I also mentioned to him that I had been diagnosed as a child with ADHD by a clinical psychologist and received medical treatment for it.

At first, I thought I may have a mood disorder.

But I notice that even when I'm 'depressed' I continue wanting to be stimulated unless I'm physically exhausted (though not as much as when I'm more so 'normal'). I may distract myself if I feel depressed with some other 'activity' (be it physical or mental).

I notice that when I'm more 'normal' it appears as if I'm 'manic'. I simply want to be 'doing' something (be it physical or mental!). But I don't feel as if I have an over-exaggerated sense of self nor any sort of delusion or psychosis.

Regardless of whether I feel 'depressed' or 'manic' I tend to sleep a regular six to eight hours every night. I have a high sex drive regardless of whether I feel 'depressed' or 'manic'. My thoughts move rather quickly regardless of whether I feel 'depressed' or 'manic'. The moods may taint the thoughts, but the thoughts nevertheless travel at my 'normal' speed regardless. And my speech doesn't fluctuate either, as I tend to communicate rather consistently.

It feels like an overlap of ADHD and typical manic symptoms, and I become confused as to whether or not it is ADHD or a mood disorder.

So, I would like some help in understanding this phenomena. I would gladly like to hear from those who have a similar issue like myself!
To help answer your question you can have both ADD & Biplor...I have been seeing a pysciatrist for years for biplor & my doctor has been confused that I wasn't getting much better & then I remembered I was diagnoisd with ADD when I was in my 30"s but never really took it serious. Now my doctor has put me on adderal along with my other meds...I am still struggling ...however I do know feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel & determined to live as normal live as I can....I hope this has help with your question & good luck
confused777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote