Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2009
140 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 06, 2011 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by which_way_is_up View Post
As a Birthmother to a now 31 year old woman, I became an instant grandmother 4 years ago when we found each other. I was forced to give her up at birth when I was 16. I've always left the ball in her court as to how much of a relationship she wanted with me and her half sisters. She grew up in a warm loving home with wonderful parents. Yes, I refer to her Adoptive parents as her parents, as they raised her, taught her to ride a bike, bandaged her knee when she fell, taught her to drive a car, walked her down the aisle when she got married. My instant grandsons, 7 & 10, call me by my first name. That's fine. After 28 years of not knowing if she was dead or alive, I'll take whatever I can from her and be happy.
Wow, I am enjoying reading everyone's posts on this subject. It is sad that your were forced to give up your daughter. But I know when I was growing up (I'm 63 now) girls 'went away' and it was such a secret that there weren't many other accepted ways of dealing with a 16 year old being pregnant.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Beholden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote