View Single Post
cantsleepnomore

Member Since May 2011
Confused May 10, 2011 at 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliblu View Post
Hi, I'm new here and so glad to have found this forum. My adult son ,27, has young adult onset schizophrenia. I am coping with this by myself as I am divorced from his father who is not in the picture. My son is going through a rough episode ( hearing voices & hallucinations). I wish there were something I could do to help him. Any tips on how to would be appreciated.
Hi-I am really sorry cause I am in almost the exact same situation that you appear to be going thru!I too am a new member here and this is my first attempt to respond! so hopefully all goes well and I don't wind up wiping both of our crys for help off of here!! My daughter is 23 years old and only 6 days ago was my first encounter with (what I know to be a svere mental health disorder-but which one she will be professionally dignosed(sp) with I don't exactly know)!!!However no one that I am aware of in our family knew about her disorder-she I guess kept it a pretty big secret and seemed to manage it well!!That is until the other day when she could no longer keep it under the hat and after hours upon hours of chasing her around my neighborhood trying to see what & who she was seeing (that wasnt there)one of the neighbors called the police who took her to auburn hospital!! They coincidentally released her before I arrived and after what seemed like an eternity I found her way out in north east tacoma still opening peoples car doors,walking into strangers houses,and even climbing trees looking for(?)I have never witnessed this behavior befor and I Love My Daughter!!!I hurts to be helpless and that is exactly how I feel!I also suffer from Bi Polar syndrome and my depression is off the charts!!! She is currently bouncing from couch to couch she doesnt have a safe place to live and has never seen a Dr.about the voices that she hears!! Beleive me -I know where your coming from with your son (hopefully we both can get some good advise -ANY advise as to what and how to get them some help!Thank you for being here tonight -It feels a little more comforting to know there are others that are out here (altho I am sorry to hear that your son is suffering too-god bless you both and good luck!
cantsleepnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote