Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
Default May 10, 2011 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore View Post
Ardmore, you are learning a lesson here, it's not you. You have to understand that they are the ones that are insecure, not you. What they just did to you on the bus is they showed you that they can't accept a real compliment and they are also saying that they are not worthy of it.

You have to understand the language of others and what is behind what they are really saying. The fact that they said, oh, Im allergic, wow, thats pretty sad, they are really saying, oh I can't accept kindness, I don't get it at home and I don't deserve to get it here either.

The other thing that they are saying is that somehow you ARE getting something THEY don't get, and really need. But they somehow DON'T FEEL THEY DESERVE IT, OR THAT IS WHAT HAS BEEN HOUNDED INTO THEM IN SOMEWAY.

The term gay is often used as a catch word for weakness, what it really means is the same as above and that somehow you have to be put down for giving out any kudos or affirmations. These people are not happy confident people, they can only get confidence and some sort of sick control by downing others. Good thing they are warning you, heed their warning, they are only going to try to put you down or control you, they don't know anything else.

You have to look at this a different way. Someone in that school feels like you and maybe you are placed there for a reason, to seek out that other person and befriend them and support them. I think you should take another look and see if that person is there, they may be hiding, especially if they have been there longer.

You have to see what is really being said, and NEVER let another person PUNISH YOU, for being a good person.

Open Eyes
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Ardmore