View Single Post
Rapunzel
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2003
132 hugs
given
Default Feb 04, 2006 at 10:10 PM

If there is something in your thoughts, feelings, or behavior that causes you a lot of distress or interferes with your ability to live your life the way you want to, then it wouldn't hurt to talk to a therapist about it. Basically, I think that if you feel like you could benefit from therapy, you're probably right. Most people could.

As to antisocial personality disorder, most people who have that are not concerned about it and wouldn't worry about whether or not they should be treated for it. That is why it is so difficult to cure - people who have it don't often care about being cured. You do care about how your actions affect others, and you feel remorse when you do things that hurt someone. Impulsivity is a symptom of ADHD, and that could probably account for a lot of your symptoms. Impulsivity is something that therapy can help with.

I think it is a good sign that you are interested in improving yourself! That makes me feel very hopeful for you.

Take Care, and let us know what you decide to do and how it goes.

Rap

Rapunzel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote