View Single Post
with or without you
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2010
Default May 12, 2011 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholden View Post
Thanks for telling me your unique adoption story. Aren't these all so different? And especially thank you for saying I sound "sweet". I try to be

Feeling conflicted about your family is certainly understandable. The timing of when you found out was good, what with being in therapy. I was in therapy for depression/life adjustment stuff when I realized that my mom, whom I'd had difficultly with (in my head) as an adult at least, when she was dx'ed with cancer too. I remember feeling conflicted when flying home for her funeral, why did it take her dying for me to really see or know that she did the best job she could and that she really did love me.

So you don't have to be adopted to have some of these thoughts, feelings and yet, coming out the other end a well adjusted adult anyway

One new thing to report about my son and his son, they talked on the phone on Mother's Day! I don't know which one called the other, but that made me happy to know they are moving forward with their relationship. I'm taking it nice and slow. I think we will get up to where grandson lives this summer, as that is where hubby's family lives and I'll make sure we make arrangements to meet our oldest grandson.

I'd love him to meet my daughter and son-in-law and their kids, his cousins!!! He has 1 adopted sister and 1 adopted brother, but now he also has 'blood' extended family to get to know.
Thanks, that's great to hear. I also have a sister, she was adopted too (not blood-related)
with or without you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote