View Single Post

Default Feb 07, 2006 at 10:22 AM

i'm with Julia. the world is a support forum. what if i hadn't spoken, with care and sincerity, to my pilot neighbor one morning and had not learned that his daughter had just gone to re-hab the day before. he trusts me totally and he was so relieved that i stopped to say hello. he opened up and told me what he was afraid to tell others.

boundaries are what keeps it level. when someone crosses a boundary with me, i very carefully and tactfully let them know that i can't handle whatever it is that they want me to handle. otherwise, i try to give as much as i get. there are people here that i will never meet and yet i care about them deeply and will always listen and support them.

i understand your point of view, but i am concerned about your friend. especially since he said he only has two people in his life worth his caring. perhaps he needed just a tiny part of you and would eventually become strong enough to move on. moving on is where i try to get them if i feel like i can't be all they need.

hope i don't sound preachy, but we are put here as stewards. that's my belief. just as LMo was put here to be my steward. and by gosh darn, she better not forget it! xoxoxo pat
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote