View Single Post
Wandering_Aimlessly

Member Since Feb 2006
Default Feb 07, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Hey, well i've got my Doctors appointment tomorrow. It's the first time i've ever confronted this before, im really nervous and excited at the sametime-odd, I know. It's weird, cause one part of you wants there to be nothing wrong, and the other that wishes there is. Because if I find out there isn't anything wrong, where does that leave me?

Your symptoms are exactly like mine! I to can be so fun to around. Articulate, talkative, spontanious-then one morning ill wake up a different person-withdrawn, angry, hard to concnetrate on things, just DEPRESSED. For some reason I think it's the ADHD that is causing the depression. I wake thinking,'another day of struggling through work, not being able to focus or concentrate', thoughts go through my head like a tornado. Most of the time negative thoughts as well. I know this is contributing, but I've tried to change the way I think, and it didnt work.This is pretty much how I feel:

I wake up and I know it's gonna be "one of those days".
I'm feeling withdrawn, I don't wanna have to face my roomate (I drive him to work in the morning). I struggle to get things orginized, hard time focusing on what needs to be done before I leave. This leads to frustration and eventually anger. The more anger I feel the more my thoughts are cloudy, like trying to see-or in my case-think though a thick fog {(all negative thoughts)and I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, and I dont wanna be feeling this way, but there's nothing I can do to get away from it}. I have trouble speaking and articulating what im thinking. This make me feel nervous and anxious when im around people cause I know it shows. So I just keep falling deeper and deeper into depression. This can sometimes last for days or even weeks. Then one morning i'll wake up with a new lease on life, and I can't understand why! My thinking is clearer, im able to communicate with people on a higher level, my memory is better, it's SO strange. I've tried to write down the things I thought about when i wake up happy, b/c maybe if I think of those things every morning i will be fine, normal. nope...no use. But anyways, that's just an example of one of my days...Who knows, maybe we are the "normal" ones and everyone else is just hiding these feelings haha...or not. Anyways, ill let you know how tomorrow goes, maybe I can give you a more professional point of view after talking with my doctor.

Peace
Wandering_Aimlessly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote