Magnate

Member Since May 2004
548 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2011 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorophyll View Post
Was it hard to get the right combo for you guys and how long did it take?
Was it hard? Yes. It was for me, like most, a process of trial and error. It has been a decade from the time my symptoms become severe to the time I achieved stability. It has been considerably less since I first became med adherent though, about 2 years.

Initially I tried Epival/Depakote and Wellbutrin, but I found that that I became tolerant to the Wellbutrin quickly and the Epival/Depakote eliminated only my mania.

I have since tried Lamictal and Celexa and have found it to work wonderfully. I only hope I don't become tolerant to it.

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
---"Address before the Wisconsin State Agricultural Society". Abraham Lincoln Online. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. September 30, 1859.
Merlin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote