View Single Post
Anonymous32727

Default May 24, 2011 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dependent1 View Post
I can relate to this. I have DPD and have what my Psychologist calls 'a well of need' brought on by my parents not meeting my needs when younger.

Since I was a teenager I have found friendships very one-sided where I confide and offload all my troubles. My troubles are great as I swing from one crisis to another. Friends dont confide in me because they think I have too many problems of my own.

I have no friends now because I have learned that I cant help but ggive too much personal stuff away. Also I have allowed men to take advantage of me sexually because I was so needy and could not find any other way to keep them close.

Good Luck
Thanks for sharing about how it is for you, dependent1.

For me it has been partly due to learning from the way mom related to me. She would force me to make her company and she would unload on me all the problems she had with my dad and others. She was never interested in how I felt. I always came out overwhelmed and drained from such interactions. Also, she isolated me from my peers and never allowed me to make friends.
So, I find that I often come out as very needy and childish. I am still struggling to make friends in a healthy way.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote