Thread: some links
View Single Post
shadowalker164

Member Since Jan 2005
Default Feb 13, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Down…

One of my favorite TV shows was Taxi. And one of the cast was this total stoner named Jim, played by Christopher Lloyd {SP?) I loved that guy.

In one episode, he goes up to the lead character played by Jud Hirsh, and proclaimed he has found the perfect drug. It just has one bad side effect. The Jud Hirsh character inquires, well, what is this one bad side effect?

And Jim says that the only bad side effect to this otherwise perfect drug is it wears off!

Ain’t that the truth.

If I could just stayed stoned and drunk everything would be manageable. I thought. But every time I turned around, I was coming to undrunk. That was the pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization that drove me to look for anything that could change the pattern of my life.

I think that every one of us (those in whom drugs or alcohol are interfering in their lives) should search everywhere for that path with a heart that Carlos Castanadas talks about.

Here is one more link you might want to add to your list. It is a guy in Australia who is doing some interesting research into alcoholism. His basic take is we suffer from hypoglycemia, and we drink to augment low energy production from a poor diet. That diet may be the key to our obsessive relationship to substances that change the way we feel, and change it fast.

http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/index.html

He is a smart guy, and his stuff is worth a read.

Down, if you want to, check it out and tell me what you think.

Still on the road to the good stuff,
Richard
shadowalker164 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote