View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
79 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 02, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I've had good success with Risperidone in terms of treating my mood - I take 3 mg / day. I haven't gained any weight on it, but it does have some negative side effects that I don't like. First off it completely messes up my period, it causes me to lactate, although thankfully not heavily, gives my hands a slight tremor, and causes me to have a really flat affect, which is a real problem in my professional life.

But as a cautionary note, risperidone is one of the stronger atypicals, and can have some serious side effects. I briefly went up to 4 mg last summer when I was in a depressive episode. It fixed my depression, but after about 3 months at the higher dose, I started having bad extra-pyramidal side effects such as having trouble walking. Fortunately that went away when I went back down to 3 mg.

--splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote